Today, on 28 February, the members of the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC) were elected at the National Assembly.
Gagik Melikyan, chairman of the temporary counting committee, presented the results of the secret ballot. 98 MPs participated in the voting.
According to the voting results:
- 96 MPs voted for and 2 against Gagik Harutyunyan (President of the Constitutional Court),
- 90 MPs voted for, 7 against Gevorg Danielyan (Adviser at the Constitutional Court) and 1 vote was recognized invalid,
- 82 MPs voted for, 15 against Liparit Melikjanyan (YSU lecturer) and 1 vote was recognized invalid,
- 86 MPs voted for, 11 against Hayk Hovhannisyan (lecturer of the RA law school, chairman of the Self-regulating organization of intermediaries of Armenia) and 1 vote was recognized invalid,
- 87 MPs voted for, 10 against Sergey Meghryan (head of the Chair of Civil Procedure of YSU Faculty of Law). and 1 vote was recognized invalid.
The first three members were elected for a five-year term and the other two were elected for the term of three years.