Place of employment: Iravaban.net information website, Yerevan
The Armenian Young Lawyers Association is a Non Governmental Organization with a Mission to develop a new generation of highly professional lawyers, having a modern outlook and moral values, as well as to promote the establishment of rule of law, and formation of the legal culture in the society. The objectives of the Association are:
- Increase public awareness, protect human rights, legal interests and fundamental freedoms;
- Improve and develop the legal profession and ethical norms of ethics;
- Reduce corruption risks in the activities of state entities providing public services, including the judicial authorities; ensure transparency and reporting through raising the public awareness and implementation of participatory and public control.
The Armenian Young Lawyers Association announces a tender for a full time position of Journalist of Iravaban.net website in the framework of the EU funded “Multi-Faceted Anti-Corruption Promotion” project.
- Accompanies the Cameraman during the filming in Yerevan and in the RA marzes.
- Carrying out journalistic investigations, preparing investigative journalism and analytical articles.
- Coverage of court cases, including corruption cases.
- Preparing of programmatic and information materials on the assigned themes.
- Prepares questions for interviews, coordinates the venue for filming, visits the filming site, and carries out interviews.
- Processes the material collected during the interviews, presents the information in a certain genre of informational materials.
- Verification of the information received, preparing materials, tracking accuracy of facts, figures, names.
- Performs other professional tasks as assigned by the project manager
- Two years of experience as a journalist.
- One year of experience investigative journalism in the legal sphere, including the court cases.
- Interest and dedication in combating corruption in Armenia.
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Teamwork skills.
- Photography and video filming skills, knowledge of software programs for editing photo and video materials, as well as knowledge of Russian language will be considered an advantage.
Salary will be around 225.000AMD (including state taxes and other mandatory payments). The salary is through bank transfer.
Qualified applicants may submit their application, CV, the letter of interest (up to 300 words) and two references to the e-mail address [email protected]. Deadline for applications 17:00 on 12 September 2014. Please indicate “Journalist” in the subject line. Telephone: 010 54 01 99.
Selection is on a competitive basis. The selected candidates will be invited to participate in a written test. Successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
Please refrain from phone calls and visits.