On 9 December, the Armenian Lawyers’ Association and the Armenian CSO Anti-Corruption Coalition organized an anti-corruption event dedicated to the International Anti-Corruption Day. In the scope of the event, Mr. Artur Davtyan, the RA Prosecutor General, and Mr. Karen Zadoyan, the President of the Armenian Lawyers’ Association and the Coordinator of the Secretariat of the CSO Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia signed a Memorandum of Understanding.
The Parties agree to cooperate in the following directions:
*Ensuring fight against corruption, prevention of corruption and reducing corruption risks in Armenia,
* Increasing the effectiveness of the fight against corruption in Armenia:
* Development of cooperation between law enforcement agencies and civil society organizations in the anti-corruption field,
* Raising the level of awareness of citizens about the need to combat corruption and measures to combat them; Presentation of the work done by the Prosecutor’s Office and the Coalition in the anti-corruption field and their results,
* Ensuring the protection of rights and interests of individuals and legal entities in the fight against corruption;
* Implementation of anti-corruption reforms, development of cooperation in drafting laws and other normative legal acts containing corruption risks; including in the form of comparative analysis of international experience and other expert support,
* Submitting proposals for relevant reforms of legislation containing corruption risks.