The “Armenian Young Lawyers Association” non-governmental organization (AYLA) in cooperation with its partner “Freedom of Information Center” (FOI) invites the CSOs and Media organizations to participate in the anti-corruption trainings organized in the framework of “Multi-Faceted Anti-Corruption Promotion” project funded by the European Union
If you wish to:
• Gain legal knowledge of international and local experience of fighting against corruption and the relevant international convention and local legislation,
• master methodology, legal aspects and capacity concerning the detection, analysis and countermeasures for corruption risks,
• develop Capacity to undertake anti-corruption monitoring and surveillance,
• improve the Capacity to initiate anti-corruption reforms based on identified and analyzed corruption risks and issues,
the program will be a unique opportunity for you to gain new skills and knowledge, find new partners and like-minded individuals to implement monitoring, watchdog and journalistic investigation projects.
The anti-corruption training module includes, but is not limited to the following topics:
• Definition of corruption.
• International ant-corruption experience and legal tools to fight corruption.
• International anti-corruption conventions and the RA legislation
• Corruption monitoring – definition and methodology.
• Tools for the development of anti-corruption capacity of CSOs and media organizations.
• Freedom of information and the methods and sources for receiving information.
• Monitoring and publicizing of the government’s five-year reform program and justice reform strategy.
• Corruption risks in the environmental sector, including mining and small hydro-electric power stations.
• Successful experience and methods in creating anti-corruption coalitions.
Anti-Corruption trainings will be conducted in:
• Yerevan; for Yerevan based CSOs and media organizations of republican outreach.
• Gyumri: for CSOs and media organizations of Shirak and Aragatsotn marzes.
• Vanadzor: for CSOs and media organizations of Lori and Tavush marzes.
• Gavar: for CSOs and media organizations of Gegharkunik and Kotayk marzes.
• Ararat: for CSOs and media organizations of Ararat and Armavir marzes.
• Kapan: for CSOs and media organizations of Syunik and Vayots Dzor marzes.
Selection of CSOs and media organizations will be based on criteria such as previous experience in monitoring, oversight and investigation in anti-corruption, legal rights and related issues, as well as environmental issues, and have relevant experience in legal coverage of such issues,
The anti-corruption trainings will start from the 14th May 2014.
Duration of trainings is 3 days.
Successful graduates will receive certificates.
10 CSOs and 10 Media Organizations from Yerevan and the marzes of the RA that have passed anti-corruption trainings will be selected from the number of all participants. They will be awarded small grants to selected organizations to implement the monitoring, watchdog activities and journalistic investigations projects.
The filed in applications shall be sent by 29 April 2014, till 18.00 to the e-mail: [email protected]. Please indicate Application for participation in Anti-Corruption trainings in the subject line of the e-mail.
For additional information please contact the Central Office of the Armenian Young Lawyers Association by the phone: +37410 54 01 99.
The project funded by the European Union and implemented by the “Armenian Young Lawyers Association” NGO – Implementer and “Freedom of Information Center” NGO – Partner. Project duration is 3 years. Project Budget is 650.000 EUR.
The European Union is made up of 28 Member States who have decided to gradually link together their know-how, resources and destinies. Together, during a period of enlargement of 50 years, they have built a zone of stability, democracy and sustainable development whilst maintaining cultural diversity, tolerance and individual freedoms. The European Union is committed to sharing its achievements and its values with countries and peoples beyond its borders.
Armenian Young Lawyers Association (AYLA) was established in 1995. The mission of AYLA is to contribute to the rule of law and the establishment of the Civil Society where the society is aware and their rights are protected. The UNCAC Coalition is a global network of over 350 civil society organizations (CSOs) in over 100 countries, committed to promoting the ratification, implementation and monitoring of the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC).
Freedom of Information Center (FOI) operates over 10 years. The Mission of FOI is to promote application of the RA Freedom of Information Law, contribute to the transparency and openness of the Armenian government system and to stimulate civic society’s involvement in the governance system. FOICA is the founding member of the Freedom of Information Advocates Network (FOIA Network).