Why the CSOs’ Anti-Corruption Coalition become a Reality?
On 17 November, at the regular meeting with the students of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders, Mariam Zadoyan, member of the Armenian Young Lawyers Association continued speaking about the mechanisms for verifying the reliability and financial control of the senior official’s declarations. She referred to the legal framework and spoke about the existing gaps.
The next lecturer, Mr. Karen Zadoyan, the Founding Member of the US Alumni Association of Armenia, AYLA President, Coordinator of the CSO’s Anti-Corruption Coalition Secretariat, spoke about the establishment of the CSOs’ Anti-Corruption Coalition on 28 November 2014. He informed that over 70 Civil Society Organizations from Yerevan and the RA marzes have joined the Coalition.
Why the CSOs’ Anti-Corruption Coalition become a reality? Mr. Zadoyan explained that it is necessary to be open and transparent in the work: “We have not told to any CSO “Come and loin the Coalition.” We circulated an announcement, we had special forms and we asked them to fill in these forms and sent the applications. In this way initiative groups were formed in the marzes and in Yerevan. Informing is crucial. When you create an organization through acquaintances, such organization will not last long and will collapse,” Mr. Zadoyan said.
Further, Mr. Zadoyan spoke about the goals and activities of the CSOs’ Anti-Corruption Coalition.
Coordinator of the CSO’s Anti-Corruption Coalition Secretariat referred to the establishment of the working platform Government-Civil Society and spoke about the events organized in the marzes.
- Fight Against Corruption in Armenia
- SMEs will receive Free Legal Assistance
- Composition of the Anti-Corruption Council shall be changed։ Proposals of CSOs Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia are approved
- "Numerous Steps of the Struggle against Administrative Corruption remain Undisclosed for Citizens": David Harutyunyan
- CSOs and Mass Media Must Play an Important Role in terms of Ensuring Transparency of the Income and Asset Declaration Institution
- There Is No Healthcare System in Armenia. It Is rather a System for Keeping Patients
- Interactive Online Map of Corruption Risks and Illicit Enrichment Cases will be created
- Fight Agaisnt Corruption begins with Education: Anti-Corruption Event in Kapan City