Today’s seminar of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders referred to the surveillance in the sphere of public procurements and the mechanisms for restraint.
Advocate Syuzanna Soghomonyan, Member of the AYLA Board spoke about the international and domestic legal norms that regulate the public procurements sphere, the procedures of the procurement, who and how publishes the announcements on public procurements and how the invitations are sent to economic entities, the role of the Procurements’ Support Center and the Procurements’ Appeal Board.
Astghik Karapetyan, the journalist of Iravaban.net independent website spoke about the studies of the public procurements sphere, as well as about the existing mechanisms and tools for carrying out the analyses. She said that the major part of the public considers the education and the health spheres as the most corrupted ones. However the international experience proves that the sphere of public procurements is the most corrupted. The corruption in this sphere is the most dangerous for the state and welfare of the public. And there is a famous expression, “Where there is something to buy or something to sell there is corruption.”
The Armenian Young Lawyers Association” NGO organize the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders in the framework of the U.S. Alumni Outreach Grants Program with financial support of the US Embassy in Armenia.
Iravaban.net independent information website is the information partner of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders.
- Fight Against Corruption in Armenia
- SMEs will receive Free Legal Assistance
- Composition of the Anti-Corruption Council shall be changed։ Proposals of CSOs Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia are approved
- "Numerous Steps of the Struggle against Administrative Corruption remain Undisclosed for Citizens": David Harutyunyan
- CSOs and Mass Media Must Play an Important Role in terms of Ensuring Transparency of the Income and Asset Declaration Institution
- There Is No Healthcare System in Armenia. It Is rather a System for Keeping Patients
- Interactive Online Map of Corruption Risks and Illicit Enrichment Cases will be created
- Fight Agaisnt Corruption begins with Education: Anti-Corruption Event in Kapan City