Armenia is interested in joining the international anti-corruption bodies because it is a way of exchanging experience in this area, to strengthen the positions in this sector, and most importantly, this is a path to development. Ghazar Teknejyan a student of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders expressed such opinion in reply to the question, “Why shall Armenia be interested in joining such international structures?” of the lecturer and International Expert Carl Ulbricht.
Meline Nurijanyan, another student of the School considers that through membership in such organizations the state attracts financial contributions to the country; specifically it may be financed by such organizations to carry out specific projects. Carl Ulbricht agreed with this reply and added that the reputation of the country that fights against corruption is the most important.
At today’s lecture Carl Ulbricht introduced Armenia’s international obligations to fight corruption, cooperation with international bodies and the steps taken by Armenia towards the fulfillment of these commitments.
Member of the Armenian Young Lawyers Association, advocate Mariam Zadoyan spoke about the international anti-corruption formats. She told about the major anti-corruption bodies in the world, their objectives and activity formats. Miss Zadoyan introduced the formats in which Armenia is involved as well.
- Fight Against Corruption in Armenia
- SMEs will receive Free Legal Assistance
- Composition of the Anti-Corruption Council shall be changed։ Proposals of CSOs Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia are approved
- "Numerous Steps of the Struggle against Administrative Corruption remain Undisclosed for Citizens": David Harutyunyan
- CSOs and Mass Media Must Play an Important Role in terms of Ensuring Transparency of the Income and Asset Declaration Institution
- There Is No Healthcare System in Armenia. It Is rather a System for Keeping Patients
- Interactive Online Map of Corruption Risks and Illicit Enrichment Cases will be created
- Fight Agaisnt Corruption begins with Education: Anti-Corruption Event in Kapan City