Leadership is an individual’s behavior and influence when he inspires and guides the actions of the followers to the implementation of a common dream (the goal and vision for the future). Today, another subject of The Fall School for Young Leaders was leadership. The subject was presented by Karen Zadoyan, the Founding Member of the US Alumni Association of Armenia, AYLA President, Coordinator of the CSOs’ Anti-Corruption Coalition Secretariat. Firstly, he talked about the differences between a leader and a manager, represented the main characteristic features of a leader, and then spoke of the real leaders: Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela.
Gandhi was the political and spiritual leader of India’s independence, the religious father of his country. Karen Zadoyan presented his biography, his adhered values, as courage, justice and non-violence. Mr. Zadoyan stated that Gandhi had developed a method of struggle based on the values of courage, justice and non-violence; he had called it Satyagraha (insistence on truth).
The leader of the protection of African-American’s civil rights was Martin Luther King, who was awarded with the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964. He adhered to the values of non-racism, freedom, justice and equality. According to Karen Zadoyan, he also encouraged non-violent strategy of political activity. AYLA President brought the example of the March on Washington demanding to grant civil rights to the black men, by means of the famous “I Have a Dream” speech on 28 August 1963.
The leader of the rights protection of black men was Nelson Mandela in Africa. Karen Zadoyan talked about his biography and adhered values as well. Further, the participants watched a film, held discussions and the listeners answered to some questions related to the topic.
The Armenian Young Lawyers Association” NGO organize the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders in the framework of the U.S. Alumni Outreach Grants Program with financial support of the US Embassy in Armenia. Iravaban.net independent information website is the information partner of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders.
- Fight Against Corruption in Armenia
- SMEs will receive Free Legal Assistance
- Composition of the Anti-Corruption Council shall be changed։ Proposals of CSOs Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia are approved
- "Numerous Steps of the Struggle against Administrative Corruption remain Undisclosed for Citizens": David Harutyunyan
- CSOs and Mass Media Must Play an Important Role in terms of Ensuring Transparency of the Income and Asset Declaration Institution
- There Is No Healthcare System in Armenia. It Is rather a System for Keeping Patients
- Interactive Online Map of Corruption Risks and Illicit Enrichment Cases will be created
- Fight Agaisnt Corruption begins with Education: Anti-Corruption Event in Kapan City