Today, the students of Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders met with the RA Minister of Health Armen Muradyan. The Minister spoke about the main problems of the health sphere, as well as about the directions of fight against corruption. Notably the healthcare sector is one of the target groups of the anti-corruption strategy aproned by the Government.
According to Armen Muradyan, recently notable developments took place in the healthcare sphere, however at the same time there are intense and controversial articles about the sector as well. One of the reasons is that there is accumulated discontent among the public, and on the other hand they are discuss such issues openly. The Minister considers the shallow education and the perception of the public about the work of the doctor as a problem as well.
He gave examples when a doctor can make an average of 1,000 medical actions in one day and only one may end with medical error, even in case of the greatest attention. “Medical error is not a crime”,- the Minister added that no doctor will want to make a mistake, which will cause a person suffer as a result.
The students asked the Minister questions about the problems that exist in the sphere. Specifically there was a question whether there are corruption risks when the members of the ambulance staff direct the patient to this or that hospital for the further treatment. The Minister sid that ther is such problem, but such cases have currently decreased.
Today, the students met in the seminar as well. Advocate Syuzanna Soghomonyan, Member of the AYLA Board spoke about the “Community Integrity Building.” Acording to her integrity may be achieved through 5 phases, which are: the delicacy of the situation, joint education, establishing evidence, constructive engagement to solving the identified problems and filling gaps.
Syuzanna Soghomonyan spoke about each phase separately, and then the students did practical work.
The Armenian Young Lawyers Association” NGO organize the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders in the framework of the U.S. Alumni Outreach Grants Program with financial support of the US Embassy in Armenia.
Iravaban.net independent information website is the information partner of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders.
- Fight Against Corruption in Armenia
- SMEs will receive Free Legal Assistance
- Composition of the Anti-Corruption Council shall be changed։ Proposals of CSOs Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia are approved
- "Numerous Steps of the Struggle against Administrative Corruption remain Undisclosed for Citizens": David Harutyunyan
- CSOs and Mass Media Must Play an Important Role in terms of Ensuring Transparency of the Income and Asset Declaration Institution
- There Is No Healthcare System in Armenia. It Is rather a System for Keeping Patients
- Interactive Online Map of Corruption Risks and Illicit Enrichment Cases will be created
- Fight Agaisnt Corruption begins with Education: Anti-Corruption Event in Kapan City