“New Zealand holds the 2nd place in the world for its corruption free public sector and transparency, according to the corruption perception index of the “Transparency International” Global Anti-Corruption Organization,” Miss Hoory Yeldizian, Attorney from New Zealand said at today’s seminar of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders, and spoke about the anti-corruption experience of the New Zealand.
She said New Zealand does not have any one single agency in charge of fighting corruption. Instead it has a number of agencies that focus on different aspects of corruption. The two main law enforcement agencies responsible for anti-corruption investigations and prosecutions are the New Zealand Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and the New Zealand Police. There is no functioning Independent Anti-Corruption Body.
Miss Syuzanna Soghomonyan, Advocate, Member of the AYLA Board introduced to the students’ attention information about the mechanisms for fighting corruption in the judiciary system, as well as spoke about the corruption crimes defined in the Criminal Code. She also spoke about the Strategic Program of Judicial reforms for 2012-2016 and its implementation process.
The Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders will work till 22 December 2015 including.
The Armenian Young Lawyers Association” NGO organize the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders in the framework of the U.S. Alumni Outreach Grants Program with financial support of the US Embassy in Armenia.
Iravaban.net independent information website is the information partner of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders.
- Fight Against Corruption in Armenia
- SMEs will receive Free Legal Assistance
- Composition of the Anti-Corruption Council shall be changed։ Proposals of CSOs Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia are approved
- "Numerous Steps of the Struggle against Administrative Corruption remain Undisclosed for Citizens": David Harutyunyan
- CSOs and Mass Media Must Play an Important Role in terms of Ensuring Transparency of the Income and Asset Declaration Institution
- There Is No Healthcare System in Armenia. It Is rather a System for Keeping Patients
- Interactive Online Map of Corruption Risks and Illicit Enrichment Cases will be created
- Fight Agaisnt Corruption begins with Education: Anti-Corruption Event in Kapan City