“Voice of the civil society organization has become more audible today,” Surn Krmoyan, the RA Deputy Minister of Justice stated at the meeting with the students of Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders.
He mentioned that the CSOs and the citizens have fairly extensive discussions in the management process. According to the representative of authorities they had tried to make the fight against corruption representational, “We must understand one thing, the fight against corruption is not only a matter of government agencies but also the matter of the civil society organizations, citizens and businesses,” Mr. Kromoyan said.
He introduced the Anti-Corruption Council and its activities.
The leaders of the future asked questions to Mr. Krmoyan. One of them was interested about the principle of selection of the 4 target areas of the anti-corruption strategy. Mr. Krmoyan clarified that they were selected on the basis of carried out research.
“Why is the Finance Minister, Gagik Khachatryan, member of the Anti-Corruption Council?” asked one of the students, noting that such official who has a lot of conflict of interest, has no right to be in the Council. Suren Krmoyan said that the criticisms are numerous, but they usually are without bases.
The Armenian Young Lawyers Association” NGO organize the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders in the framework of the U.S. Alumni Outreach Grants Program with financial support of the US Embassy in Armenia.
Iravaban.net independent information website is the information partner of the Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders.
- Fight Against Corruption in Armenia
- SMEs will receive Free Legal Assistance
- Composition of the Anti-Corruption Council shall be changed։ Proposals of CSOs Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia are approved
- "Numerous Steps of the Struggle against Administrative Corruption remain Undisclosed for Citizens": David Harutyunyan
- CSOs and Mass Media Must Play an Important Role in terms of Ensuring Transparency of the Income and Asset Declaration Institution
- There Is No Healthcare System in Armenia. It Is rather a System for Keeping Patients
- Interactive Online Map of Corruption Risks and Illicit Enrichment Cases will be created
- Fight Agaisnt Corruption begins with Education: Anti-Corruption Event in Kapan City