On July, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan signed a decree, which reads:
“Governed by Article 8 (1) of the Law on Inspection Bodies and Article 7 (2) of the Law on Bodies of Public Administration System, appoint Alexander Shagafyan as Head of the Education Inspection Body.
- Over six years of experience in creating, managing, implementing education and CSO development programs and fundraising.
- Experience of over 10 years of teaching and career development programs in social, civil and human rights education.
Organizational and project management experience
August 2011 – November 2017 Executive Director, Armenian Center for Democratic Education – CIVITAS NGO
2015 July – 2017 February, Executive Director, US Alumni Association of Armenia NGO
2011 September – July 2015, Program Manager, “US Alumni Association of Armenia” NGO
On November 17, 2017, by the decision of Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan, he was appointed Head of Education Inspection Body.
February 2010 -2014, Teacher: Anania Shirakatsi Lyceum
2008 October-2009 May, Lecturer, Vanadzor Branch of the European Regional Academy
2007 April – November 2009, English Language Teaching Methodology Specialist, National Institute of Education, Lori Branch
May 2002-August 2007, English Language Teacher, Deputy Director, Jiliza Secondary School, Lori Marz
1997 September – May 2002, Vanadzor State Pedagogical Institute after Hovhannes Tumanyan, Department of Foreign Languages.
Specialization: English language teacher.
- US Educational Programs Alumni Network:
- European Association of History Educators, EUROCLIO
- Participating in a number of international programs for professional development and exchange of experience
Member of the Armenian CSO’s Anti-Corruption Coalition Board
Member of the Board of Trustees of Vanadzor State University
Languages – Armenian, English, Russian