At the next meeting of the Government on March 15, the issue of model form for internal and external reporting as well as the procedures for the protection of whistleblowers
According to the justification of the draft submitted by the Ministry of Justice, Article 5 (2) of the Republic of Armenia “Law on Whistleblowing System” provides that, in case of an internal or external reporting, the model form of reporting and registration, as well as the procedure for implementing protection of the whistleblower is defined by the Government of the Republic of Armenia. In accordance with Part 3 of the same Article, the competent authority shall independently define the procedure for recording and registration of the report in case of internal or external notification, considering the requirements of the Government of the Republic of Armenia as minimum requirements.
In compliance with the RA Law on Whistleblowing System, the draft resolution of the Government “On establishing a sample form of registration and registration of the report in case of internal and external notification, as well as for the protection of whistleblowers” recommends the following:
1. To establish the model form of reporting and registration in case of internal or external notification;
2. To define the procedure for implementing protection of the whistleblower.
According to the draft, in the case of internal and external reporting, the model formulation for reporting and registration will be determined as follows:
1. In case of internal or external notification, the responsible persons for registration of the reports and their processing shall be appointed by the head of the competent authority, taking into account the structural features of the competent authority.
2. The competent authority shall place information on the person responsible for the recording and processing of the reports on their website, in case of the absence of the website, in a place visible for each person using their services.
3. In the case of internal and external reporting, the timeframe defined by the Republic of Armenia “Law on Whistleblowing System” (hereinafter, the Law) shall be recorded by the responsible person in the Roster (Form 1), with the corresponding record. The registrations shall also include those reports submitted to the non-competent authority and which the latter redirected to the competent authority in the manner provided by law.
4. The following information is recorded in the Roster:
• the registration number of the report;
• the date, month and year of the report;
• the name, surname and patronymic of the person who submitted the report;
• the summary of the information provided in the report;
• a complete description of the measures taken with regard to the report;
• the result of the measures taken with regard to the report;
• notes on each case of notification of the person who provided the report;
• the whistleblower’s signature;
• the signature of the person responsible for filling the Roster;
• other information about the report.
5. The responsible person shall paginate, sign and, if information is presented in the form of a document, also seal all the pages of the Roster.
6. The responsible person maintains the documentary or electronic version of the Roster.
7. For the purpose of registering the report a case shall be compiled and maintained, which shall include the copies all related to the information materials.